Review and Comment on Documents
Public review is a process by which proposed standards are made available for review by interested parties. AAMI TIRs are not subject to public review.
Documents available for review and comment can be found in the AAMI Standards Monitor Online. This notice shall announce the proposed standard open for public review and provide a deadline for the submission of comments.
Public review drafts are available as PDF (Portable Document Format) files. In order to view PDF files you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Drafts available for review
To access current drafts available for public review and comment, visit the AAMI Standards Monitor Online .
To submit comments on a draft open for public review, the following requirements must be met:
- Comments must be received by AAMI by the deadline to ensure consideration by the Committee.
- Comments not submitted by the stated deadline will not be considered.
- Comments must be submitted using the required form. Click below to select either a PDF or Word version of the required form:
- Comments must be put forth as follows:
- Section number, section heading, and page number of document;
- Rationale for comment/objection; and
- Suggested alternative text to resolve comment/objection.
Note: For comments concerning typographical errors, the above format is not required. Instead, simply identify the nature and location of the error (e.g., by page, paragraph, and line number).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Failure to comply fully with these instructions may cause comments to be considered non-persuasive.